Account Director – Central London – Up to €45,000
An award winning tech agency are currently are seeking an experienced Account Director to work on-site with a globally recognised financial serviced business located in Central London. The core role will focus on managing an ongoing programme of digital work, supported by a multi-disciplinary craft and engineering team.
As the Account Director, you will work closely with all team members from strategy to final delivery, BAU and maintenance, managing internal and external stakeholders and laying the groundwork for a successful future relationship with the brand. You’ll also be tasked with supporting the growth and development of this major account, helping clients understand the value of agency and how they can help them excel in the new digital economy. Your Daily duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
• Supporting the Project Manager with day-to-day client communications, task prioritisation and team workload planning
• Setting client expectations and interfacing closely with all stakeholders on performance against project goals
• Working with the Head of Technology and Tech Lead to ensure clients are up to date with technical platform developments and restrictions
• Ensuring proper performance tracking and reporting systems are in place to ensure programme can be tracked and measured according to the client’s needs
• Developing and implementing account plans which formally identify additional account opportunities and specific ways to strengthen service delivery with clients
The suitable individual will have lead accounts in an integrated agency, managed multiple client stakeholders and will be adept at leading successful and complex digital build projects. You will enjoy pitching for new client projects, hunting out new opportunities and galvanising a team to convert them into live projects.
As the Account Director, you’ll be used to building and developing a strong network of relationships across a variety of stakeholders from marketing managers to CEOs. You will have previous experience of managing a team and being able to give direction and get the best out of talent within the agency.
Excellent interpersonal, organisational and presentation skills are essential, as well as a dynamic personality and the ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences. You will also need to have sound commercial decision making skills based in agency, client and industry knowledge.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please apply now. If you’d like some further information on the role, please contact Brendan Chapple on 0117 917 1500 or email@example.com.
Real Time Consultants are acting as an employment business/agency in relation to this vacancy.