Senior SOC Analyst
This is a chance for an individual to be in ‘at the ground up’ at the start of the development of the SOC and will play a leading role in the day-to-day activity of the SOC and influence of the SOC on an operational, technical and strategic level.
- £50000 – £60000 per annum + Remote working
- London, Central
What will you be doing?
Primarily the role will be concerned with selecting and standing up an appropriate SIEM platform to service our client’s needs. Once the tool is embedded and processes are in place to ensure Business as Usual running, the role will then involve leading security monitoring efforts, conducting in-depth investigations, and actively participating in incident response activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and enhance security monitoring systems to detect and analyse potential security incidents.
- Conduct real-time analysis of security alerts and escalate incidents as necessary.
- Lead and coordinate incident response activities to effectively contain, eradicate, and recover from security incidents.
- Develop and maintain incident response plans, ensuring they align with industry best practices.
- Stay abreast of the latest cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities, integrating threat intelligence into security monitoring processes.
- Contribute to the development of threat intelligence feeds to enhance proactive threat detection.
- Perform in-depth investigations into incidents, determining the root cause and impact.
- Document findings and lessons learned to improve incident response procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, legal, and management, to address security incidents and implement preventive measures.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other analysts.
Security Tool Management:
- Manage and optimise security tools, ensuring they are properly configured and updated to maximize effectiveness.
- Evaluate new security technologies and recommend enhancements to the security infrastructure.
- Contribute to security awareness training programs for employees to promote a culture of cybersecurity vigilance.
- Provide guidance on security best practices to various teams within the organization.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of security procedures, incident response plans, and analysis reports.
- Create post-incident reports for management and stakeholders.
- Create monthly reporting packs as per contractual requirements.
- Create and document robust event and incident management processes
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Analytical mindset with the ability to troubleshoot and solve complex security issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with diverse teams.
- Leadership qualities to guide junior analysts and drive security initiatives.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity trends and threats.
- Full understanding of SIEM systems – IBM QRadar, FortiSIEM, Splunk, Sentinel etc
- IT Security Management, Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines
- Risk Assessment
- Privacy and Compliance
- Conversant with security best practices (including ISO27001) and relevant security legislation
- Security Operations and Incident Handling
- IT Security Architecture
If you are interested in hearing more please apply below or ring 07300916207 or send your CV to Trei.email@example.com
Apply for this role