Applications Engineer – Bristol – Up to £50,000 + Benefits
A cutting-edge tech provider are currently looking for a technically exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Applications Engineer to join their world class team. This role is based out of the client’s Bristol office, but there will be the need for occasional travel to support an increasingly diverse worldwide customer-base.
As the Applications Engineer, you will support the internal product development teams and external customers, with your primary duties including:
• Developing an expertise in the use of the client’s technology and development platforms; sharing this expertise verbally and in written form
• Contributing to product trials and deployments in various field environments, both locally and with customers around the world
• Troubleshooting customer problems using a variety of communication methods, including face to face support, telephone support, remote access and email
• Undertaking root cause analysis of customer issues, reproducing bugs and following the correct procedure for documenting them
• Production and delivery of customer training and application notes to explain how to use the systems
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a technical environment and a solid understanding of setting up mobile, backhaul or IP networks in WAN, LAN or WLAN environments. You will also have experience of setting up and testing radio systems, and of integrating products into operating environments. As the Applications Engineer, you need to have experience of providing product training to customers, ideally through direct contact, as well as a basic understanding of Embedded C, Python and Linux
As the Applications Engineer, you will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. With a proactive approach, you’ll be able to work on your own initiative to tight timescales, but show an awareness of when to seek advice.
In additional to a competitive salary of up to £50,000, the client offer a number of great benefits including stock options, a warm and friendly environment and 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays to name but a few!
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply now. For further information, please contact Emily Gregory on 0117 917 1500 or email@example.com.
Real Time Consultants are acting as an employment business/agency in relation to this vacancy.