Systems Test Engineer – Bristol – Up to £50,000 + Benefits
A cutting-edge tech provider are currently looking for a skilled Systems Test Engineer to join their world class team located in Bristol and help to build a system test capability that enables the client to fully exercise their products and reproduce real-world scenarios.
As the Systems Test Engineer, you will be liaise across the organisation with the engineering team, customer support, customers and partners as appropriate, with your primary duties including:
• Developing the capability to test solutions at system level, through a combination of commercially available test equipment, in-house test equipment and software
• Undertaking testing using this infrastructure, both in the lab and at selected outdoor trial sites
• Understanding customer deployment scenarios, and developing tests to replicate these under controlled conditions to provide a structured and reproducible test facility
• Testing of new features and regressions in system behaviour with new hardware and software releases
• Identifying feature enhancement and bugs, as required, and accurately recording them
• Assisting with replication of customer affecting issues
The ideal candidate will have strong experience of testing of complex hardware and software platforms, and a solid understanding of setting up mobile, backhaul or IP networks in WAN, LAN or WLAN environments. Ideally you will have manual and/or automation testing experience, with working knowledge of Linux embedded systems. Any experience with radio systems is highly beneficial.
As the Systems Test Engineer, you will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. A self-starter, you’ll be able to work with minimal guidance, building a new capability but working within an overall vision and being a great team player.
In additional to a competitive salary of up to £50,000, the client offer a number of great benefits including stock options, a warm and friendly environment and 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays to name but a few!
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply now. For further information, please contact Emily Gregory on 0117 917 1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real Time Consultants are acting as an employment business/agency in relation to this vacancy.